Thursday, November 17, 2011

Continue the Movement or Die Trying

It seems that Occupy Philly could soon be reaching its demise. Tentative plan: meet at Rittenhouse Square at 4PM tomorrow (Friday 11/18). If you hear something more recent, go with the flow.

EDIT: IT SEEMS THAT SOMEHOW THE CITY HALL GA HAS RE-CONVENED. HOWEVER WE ARE NOT OUT OF THE WOODS YET, AND WINTER IS COMING ANYWAY, SO MUCH OF THIS POST REMAINS RELEVANT.

The police are raiding the City Hall/Dilworth encampment and clearing it all. The GA had an emergency vote to move to Thomas Paine plaza, but rumor has it the police are even blocking that.

Fucking pigs. Anyone who is still clinging to pacifism, read about how Jesus drove moneychangers out of the temple with a bullwhip in John 2:15. He'd be doing the same thing to those cops right now.

Hindsight is 20/20; I'm sure many are now realizing, if we had moved earlier maybe, there's a chance this could have been avoided. Then again, with the clear national campaign to destroy Occupy -- maybe not. However, that's not what's important right now.

The fight is going down and I'm pissed that I'm missing it. I'm permanently moving to Philly this weekend. Throw a punch for me, comrades.

WHAT'S IMPORTANT: WE MUST CONTINUE THE MOVEMENT OR DIE TRYING.


The Occupy Wall Street movement has unleashed something unimaginable. To let it be jammed back in the bottle now would be as hideous as shoving a newborn back into the womb.

We are the 99%. Our movement will morph, mutate, and evolve. We will develop organization and discipline to match the world-overturning ambition we have already demonstrated.

I swear on my honor and my soul, that though I may take my plodding time, I will personally rebuild this movement from the ashes and debris. I will stand on the street corners, preach to the passersby, regroup the scattered, convince the unconvinced, and recruit the newcomer. I will gather whatever alliance of coalitions, radical organizations, and Occupy working groups & caucuses is necessary to make this a reality.

Not only will I regather the forces lost, but I will overcome all obstacles to rebuilding the movement on a new, firmer foundation of clear purpose, and efficient decision-making and structure. We will consecrate as our primary principle the inclusion of the 99% who cannot afford to get themselves arrested for no purpose, or waste countless hours on camping or consensus. I will remind everyone that while movements require heroes and martyrs, the real ones are not people who ineffectually assault the system head-on by themselves, but the people who patiently convince thousands of others to converge and stand together.

I will do this with or without your help. I will do it with or without your organization's help. I will bypass anyone who does not commit to this goal, and I will ally myself with newfound strangers and former foes.

This is bigger than worrying about a campsite. This is bigger than competing for recruits for your marxist micro-tendency against another marxist micro-tendency. This is bigger than any rules or habits you may have gotten comfortable with, or any smug complacency you may struggle to maintain as the world-change rages around you.

This is class warfare. This is democratic revolution. This is a struggle against the self-destruction of the human species by war, pollution, and viral epidemic. This uprising against disgrace and misery shall redeem our entire wretched history.

We have landed on the enemy territory and established a beachhead, a first foothold. We will fight to keep it, with our backs against the wall, taking not one step backward, hold our ground, drive them into retreat, and press forward onto their turf.

With the willingness that we fight physically, we must learn to fight organizationally.

I have done this kind of thing before. I know what I am doing. Let me show you how we can not only continue, but expand, and conquer.

Irreconcilables, unite here.

Join me.